Thursday, November 4, 2010
Lastnight I was tired and didn't feel like cooking so we went out to a Mexican Restaurant by our house. Zander has always loved Guacamole and when we go there I always order him his own side of it to eat. As usually he dipped chips and grabbed fistful to shove in his mouth. There are large chunks of tomato and onion in it, which he also loves. There was a couple sitting behind us and just could not believe how he was going to town on the Guac, so I decided to video it.
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
This year Zander was the World's Cutest Gnome for Halloween! He was sick this weekend with Roseola so I thought for sure he wouldn't be up to trick or treating. Boy was I wrong. We went to a few neighbors houses that we know and he wanted to walk the entire block shouting "treat, treat, treat peas!" Finally, we wrangled him up and threw him in the car so we could show him off to some close friends and family. Each time we had to put him back in the car he was so upset because he saw other kids walking around. The only way to console him was through M&M's in his carseat cupholder! As you can imagine, he slept horrible that night...too much sugar but, we all definitely had a blast.
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
On Sunday we took Zander on a historical train ride through Northern WA. We all had a blast looking at the beautiful scenery, eating kettle corn, and just being together for some good family bonding time. Zander did way better than I had anticipated. I packed a backpack full of food, books, and toys in case we needed them but all he wanted to do was look out the window and talk to the people next to us in the train. I love my little bear, as long as people are around to socialize with, he's always happy.
Thursday, September 30, 2010
Tyler and I had the pleasure of seeing what it life is like with two kids the other night. Baby Z and Breslin have been friends for a long time and they play so well together, we all had a blast. They were chasing eachother around the house at one point during the evening but I missed videoing it. Tyler and I really want to have another baby and realized the other night that we could definitely handle more. No, I'm not pregnant yet but Zander will for sure get a sibling in the future.
Check out my poor pasty white child next to this tan boy.
Wednesday, September 1, 2010
My son loves music and loves to DANCE. Everywhere we go and he hears music, no matter what kind, he begins to bust it out. On the Disney channel in the morning he loves the dancing robot and he always tries to learn the new move. He has begun to incorporate all the moves that he has learned over time. I love this kid. Check out his cuteness!
P.S. Happy 3 year anniversary Tyler. I love you so much. Thank you for your sperm to make this beautiful boy!
Monday, August 2, 2010
Yesterday Tyler and I took Zander in for pictures. He has begun to have some stranger danger issues lately and clung to me for most of the photo shooting session. However,I think that the photographer did a pretty good job photo-shopping me out of the pics. Here are some of my favorites!
The place where we went for pictures have photos of Zander that they use in their books, and Tyler and I were noticing how significantly lighter his hair has gotten over the last 6 months. After looking at the book,Tyler and I looked at eachother and asked "How did we get such a Ginger child?" I guess those recessive genes are just going wild with Zander.
Thursday, May 6, 2010
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
I cannot believe how quickly this year has gone by. In just 2.5 weeks my child will be one year old. My sister asks me all the time if I can remember what life was like before Zander, yes of course I can, it was much easier, but not as sweet or rewarding. He is the best.
P.S. Don't mind his crazy Einstein hair in the first picture! He had just gotten up and we were in a hurry!
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
I stole this from Sniffer, it looked like fun. You're suppose to bold the things you've done.
1. Started a blog.
2. Slept under the stars.
3. Played in a band. (Does Rock Band count...Pennywheelie Forever!)
4. Visited Hawaii.
5. Watched a meteor shower.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity.
7. Been to Disneyland.
8. Climbed a mountain.
9. Held a praying mantis.
10. Sang a solo (3rd grade talent show, Whitney Houston, The Greatest Love of All)
11. Bungee Jumped.
12. Visited paris
13. Watched a lightening storm.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch.
15. Adopted a child.
16. Had food poisening.
17. Walked to the top of the statue of liberty.
18. Grown your own vegetables.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France.
20. Slept on an overnight train.
22. Had a pillow fight.
23. Taken a sick day when you weren't really sick.
24. Built a snow fort.
25. Held a lamb.
26. Gone skinny dipping.
27. Run a marathon.
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice. Just in Vegas at the Venetian.
29. Seen a total eclipse.
30. Watched a sunset or a sunrise.
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise.
33. Seen Niagara falls in person.
34. Seen the birthplace of your ancestors.
35. Been to amish country.
36. Taught yourself a new language.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied.
38. Seen the leaning tower of pisa in person.
39. Gone rock climbing.
40. Seen Michelango's David
41. Sung Karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful Geyser erupt.
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant.
44. visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach at midnight.
46. Been transported in an ambulance.
47. Had your portrait painted.
48. Gone deep sea fishing.
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person.
50. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling.
51. kissed in the rain
52. Played in the mud.
53. Gone to a drive in theatre.
54. Been in a movie. (College, Jon Flesher, and home videos!)
55. been to the top of the Eifel Tower.
56. visited the great wall of china.
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class.
59. visisted Russia.
60. Served in a soup kitchen.
61. Sold girl scout cookies.
62. Gone whale watching.
63. Got flowers for no reason.
64. Donated blood, platelets, or plasma.
65. Gone ski diving.
66. Visited a nazi concentration camp.
67. Bounced a check.
68. Flown in a helicopter.
69. Saved a favorited childhood toy.
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial.
71. Eaten cavier
72. Pieced a quilt.
73. Stood in Times Square.
74. Toured the Everglades.
75. Been fired from a job.
76. Seen the changing of the guards in london.
77. Broken a bone. Pinky toe kicking JJ and Geoff.
78. Been a passenger on a motorcycle.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon.
80. Published a book.
81. Visited the Vatican.
82. Bought a brand new car.
83. Walked in Jerusalem.
84. Had your picture in the paper.
85. Kissed a stranger at midnight on new years eve. (Mazatlan 2004)
86. Visited the White House.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating. (Does fishing count)
88. Had chicken pox.
89. Saved someone's life.
90. Sat on jury duty.
91. Met someone famous.
92. Joined a book club
93. Got a tatoo
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person.
96. Swam in the great salt lake.
97. Been involved in a law suit.
98. Owned a cell phone.
99. Been stung by a bee.
Sunday, January 24, 2010
On Saturday Tyler and Zander went to Baby swim class. Zander had a blast! He loves water, whenever it's bath time, he kicks his feet like crazy as he is getting into the tub. He did the same as they were getting into the pool. In water babies class they sing songs, play with toys, blow bubbles, and practice jumping into the pool. It is awesome.
After class, Zander was so quiet, Tyler and I were worried something was wrong with him. Then on the way home he fell asleep. Tyler pulled him out of his carseat and he stayed asleep (which has never happened), handed him to me and I put him in his crib, all the while staying asleep. He continued to sleep for the next 2 hours. Tyler enjoyed quiet time so much that he asked me how often during the week we can take him to swim class.
Here are some pictures from the class.
Sunday, January 10, 2010
Yesterday Tyler and I took Zander in for some photos. He is just 8 months old and he has changed so much so we thought it was time to go again. Typically, he's a ham but this time he was not in the mood. I felt so bad for the ladies trying to make him laugh because he just kept crying and screaming. I wanted to do some nude shots but he for sure was not having that. The pictures turned out cute anyway.
I love the spikey hair ones. He has so much and such long hair that Tyler and I go back and forth on cutting it. I really want to hold out until after his first birthday. For now I'm going to give him the spike and the fo hawk when I can.